The university library on the Campus Krems is available to all students, teachers and researchers at the KL as part of a cooperation agreement between the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences and the University for Continuing Education Krems.
The focus of the cooperation - subject to the currently valid Covid19 security measures - are:
- The library as a place of learning: reading places and a study room with PCs are available.
- The KL textbook collection: Printed material can be borrowed or used on site (see: Library catalogue).
- Services for KL students and employees: Interlibrary loan, article ordering, introduction to the use of the campus library
- “Walk-in”-access to E-Resources of the University of Continuing Education Krems: several databases and E-Journals can be used on-site (at local PCs or while connected to the library wifi), but not remotely*.
The campus library is freely accessible to the public. At the beginning of each semester, new KL students and employees automatically receive a library account. The library sends an email with the request to update the password (or to set it for the first time). The KL student or employee ID card also serves as a loan ID. With the login data of your library account, you can order interlibrary loans and articles, reserve borrowed books or prolong the works you have borrowed. The library staff is available to you as a competent contact for training courses and information.
- Opening times/contact: Campus library (including updates on Covid-19-related deviations)
- Library catalogue (only for searching the printed stock of the library and its master thesis)
- Details on interlibrary loan and article orders
- Search interface of the Austrian Library Network (for searching printed stocks of nearly all Austrian Scientific Libraries)
*For e-resources of the KL, which members of the KL and University Hospitals can use both on site and via remote access, see Electronic resources of KL.
Library at the MedUni Vienna
The MedUni Vienna library is also freely accessible. Online research can be carried out on site. The utilisation as a “walk-in user” takes place in accordance with the usage regulations (Information in German only) for KL students.