Graded psychiatric care for patients with special care needs
- Project Lead: Friedrich Riffer, Psychosomatic Center Waldviertel - Eggenburg Clinic
- Project Partner: Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences / Division of Psychiatry for Adults (University Hospital Tulln), Psychosomatic Center Waldviertel - Eggenburg Clinic
- Duration: 24 months starting from 01.04.2018
Patients being treated frequently and in different care facilities, also due to repeated treatment discontinuations, burden the care structures. The causes of the repeated treatment discontinuations and consequently readmissions, as well as the lack of reintegration are not restrictive known. It is therefore of great importance to investigate which factors are associated with potential readmissions and play a role in social reintegration. This project examines the benefits of patients with special aftercare needs. The goal is to optimize the graded care and reduce the readmissions. Basic knowledge will be gained on the benefit of patients with special care needs, who will contribute to the dismissal of the care system.
1. Are there subgroups of patients with or without fundamental social and cognitive impairment among psychiatric patients with addiction (F1) or personality disorders (F6)?
2. Is there a difference among the subgroups of psychiatric patients with or without cognitive thinking disorders regarding (re)admission r and cumulative length of stay, and social and professional reintegration