The admission procedure for the Bachelor's degree programme in Psychology consists of (1) the application documents and (2) a personal interview. Both parts are evaluated by the admission committee on the basis of a list of criteria. After the application deadline (see Appointments and Deadlines | Karl Landsteiner Privatuniversität für Gesundheitswissenschaften (kl.ac.at)), the 40 first-ranked applicants will be offered a study place. The applicants who are ranked lower will be placed on the waiting list.
An administration fee is charged for the admission procedure. You will receive payment details by e-mail after the university has checked your application. The administration fee is non-refundable and must be paid in full by the due date in order for your application to be considered.
Administration Fee: EUR 180,00
1) Application documents
The application documents consist of the the last school report, a Europass CV and a letter of motivation.
The letter of motivation should be between 800 and 1200 words and answer the followeing questions:
(1) Why do you want to study psychology?
(2) How confident are you in your decision?
(3) What is your previous experience with psychology?
(4) What is your career goal in studying psychology?
(5) Why do you want to study at Karl Landsteiner University (KL)?
(6) Do you have a plan to finance your studies?
(7) Do you have a plan to ensure attendance at KL?
2) Personal Interview
Duration: approx. 30 minutes
Location: Online via MS Teams
The personal interviews take place continuously during the application phase and are conducted by two psychologists of Karl Landsteiner Uniersity. After uploading and reviewing the application documents, you can register for an appointment. The purpose of the personal interview is to get to know the applicants personally, to discuss their aptitude for the program, to clarify open questions, and to match expectations with the education offered by KL.
No special preparation for the personal interview is necessary.
Applicants are invited to take part in the selection process only if they:
- have applied using the online application
- have submitted all application documents correctly
- meet the admission entry requirements at the time of admission
- have transferred the administration fee in full and on time
The admission committee makes the final decision on admission. The decision of the committee will be announced in writing by email. There is no right of appeal against this decision.