Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences (KL) offers all graduates of the Bachelor programme Medical Science at the KL the opportunity to start the Master programme Human Medicine directly (without a further admission procedure) and immediately after the Bachelor degree, provided that an appropriate proof of German language proficiency (mother tongue or Level C1 of the CEFR) can be presented.
In addition, there is the possibility for prospective students with significant previous knowledge (equivalent, successfully completed degree in Medical Science at a recognized domestic or foreign post-secondary educational institution with at least 180 ECTS) to apply for a study place (= Lateral Entry Medicine)
Lateral entry Medicine
Therefore, an application using the Online-Application ("Quereinstieg Medizinstudium" = lateral entry) and a respective approval procedure (review of previous academic performances) are required.
Further requirements for a study place in the Master programme Human Medicine:
- The content and workload of the Bachelor programme Medical Science are fully covered by exams taken at other universities and proof of performance is provided.
- Proof of knowledge in Latin and biology (the special requirements for Medicine apply).
- Proof of German language proficiency with currently required entrance level (mother tongue or C1) is provided.
- Proof of English language proficiency with currently required entrance level (mother tongue or B2) is provided.
- Depending on the result of the approval procedure, a supplementary examination can be required.
- An oral admission procedure in form of an "interview" has to be completed positively.
- Availability of a study place:
- Graduates of the Bachelor programme in Medical Science at KL are guaranteed a study place.
- Lateral entry Medicine: If the number of applicants exceeds the number of places available, the rectorate will decide on the allocation of the available places based on the available documents/examination results/oral admission procedure.