Tasks of the Dean of Studies according to the statutes of the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences (last: 15.05.2018)
The Dean of Studies is responsible for coordinating the curricula and their implementation.
Within the framework of the coordination of the curricula, the Dean of Studies is responsible in particular for the following tasks:
1. preparing proposals for curricula and curriculum changes for submission to the Senate and Rectorate,
2. to draw up guidelines for the coordination of the content of curricula and/or parts of curricula,
3. coordinating the further development of the curricula,
4. to create guidelines for the course design,
5. approval of the timetables on the proposal of the Programme Directors,
6. preparing proposals for the Rectorate regarding the lecturers on the recommendation of the Programme Directors,
7. to establish standards for the supervision of bachelor's theses, master's theses and dissertations,
8. carrying out the evaluation of courses on behalf of the Rectorate,
9. to participate in the quality control of the curricula,
10. decisions in matters of study law, in particular in matters of examination law (processing of applications for appeals regarding examination assessments), student leave of absence, issuing of certificates and confirmations, recognition issues and bachelor theses, master theses and dissertations,
11. preparation of the academic calendar for submission to the Senate,
12. establishing guidelines for setting registration deadlines, examination dates and registration modalities.