A research-guided teaching and subject expertise for the scientific education of the KL students will be introduced in the following areas.
- Carrying out a laboratory exercise in the field of molecular biological diagnostics & biochemistry in the course of the Bachelor's degree programme in Medical Science.
- Implementation and supervision of the elective subject "Water Quality and Health", as an important model example in the field of environmental health and prevention (Bachelor's degree programme in Medical Science from summer semester 2021).
- Supervision of Bachelor's and Master's theses in the subject area of water quality and health, as a continuation of the elective subject if a specialisation is desired. Special topics have been offered since 2020.
- Management of the subject area "Water & Health" in the planned doctoral programme (under development).
- In the context of our laboratory expertise, the coordination, provision and preparation of the teaching laboratory for the laboratory exercises of the Bachelor's degree programme in Medical Science is carried out. Currently 5 laboratory exercises are supported/coordinated:
|Course number||Course title||Type||Theme|
|BM01.02.01||Basic Lab Works||PR||Lab safety rules and introduction to basic laboratory tasks|
|BM03.03.01||Introduction to molecular and cellular laboratory techniques||PR||Enzyme kinetics, Drug screening, Cell based assays|
|SRE2.04.02||basics of research and science I||SE||quantitative study methods, medical sciences|
|BMP3.02.15||Sound & Optics||SE||Sound & Optics|